[REVIEW] Medicube - Red Cushion | #21 Light Beige

October 11, 2017

You all might have read my post about how bad my skin reacted to the over use of chemical peelings, it broke me out really badly. the craze of these pimples on my skin have not subside :( It's not that bad compare to how it was 8 months ago, thanks to my aesthetic. This also explain why i am constantly looking for good foundation that cover well. 

Medicube is a South Korean skincare/cosmetics brand that are popular on their focus for acne & oily skin consumers (like me!) I bought a few items from this line (Red Erasing Cream & Red Cushion) and i cant wait to share my experience with you guys!



I'm holding high hope for this cushion, the advertising for its coverage caught my interest to try it out, so let's see it's performance!




(Image credit: Official Medicube Site)

Packaging:



Medicube has a cute little medical logo at the top right corner of their name













The cushion itself are housed in a squarish metal looking case, with a simple medicube name and logo printed in the middle on top. Push the button in and the build-in mirror upper lid would pop up. The internal of the cushion packaging are in glossy black color which I like cause carries a luxurious feel!



Applicator & Product



Applicator:





Soft black cushion puff





A plastic lid to separate the cushion and also act as a placeholder for the puff

Product:









The cushion that's filled with this foundation hold the mochi style sponge - which tends to store more product as it's store in between of this sponge, you got to push down the mochi sponge with your puff to get the foundation

I like to keep the sticker that's protecting the mochi sponge even after I've used the product as this round mochi sponge are slightly protruded on top, foundation residue tends to get transferred to the black plastic lid. I just like to keep my items clean 😂





When i first apply the foundation, the finish look amazing, it's semi-matte finish with subtle glow and not to mention that i love the brightening effect!

Coverage Test:

 

 

To be honest I don't think the coverage are high like the one on those viral video and advertisements. Generally, it did a great job in covering red patches and light acne scars. As for the acne itself, i think it covers about 30% by blurring out and lighten it. Actually i'm pretty satisfied with the coverage, as i'm not looking for a full cover thick foundation. If I want to have higher coverage i will build more layers or use a concealer :)

I did not try setting my make up with any make up setting spray, i put it on during my day outside (10 hours) with just primer underneath. This foundation works well on it's own, it did not cake me up nor clog my pores. More dewiness seen on my nose and cheekbone area and no obvious dry patches on my pimple area. My skin still look natural at the end of my day, and with me retouching the T-zone area every 4 hours i could look fresh again!

Verdicts;

+ Special squarish packaging
+ Doesn't oxidise
+ Lasting
+ Slight tea tree scents which fades away after your application
+ Pretty dewy glow
+ 8/10 coverage
+ Keep my skin looking bright and natural throughout the day
- A little pricey, $30++

Thank you for reading today's review, I like how this cushion works on my skin and i totally recommend this cushion!




















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your Question. :)