[REVIEW] COSRX - One Step Pimple Clear Pad & Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol & Emulsion

September 05, 2017

I've saw many people raving about these Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pad and other product from this brand. As a acne sufferer, I thought i must try these items out, i want to get rid of the acne so badly from my skin.

Alright, so a little history about me, I've been suffering from non perfect skin (Acne + Scarring) for about 6 - 7 years, it's just like a roller coaster journey for me, the acne was okay, till 4 years back it erupted badly, and 2 years back, it got all better again. I have 2-3 break out once a month and my the scarring never leave my skin. 

I hope by using these products, i could get smooth flawless skin, with lesser break out. I grabbed the pimple pad, the A-Sol toner, emulsion and used them diligently everyday for the whole 3 months. 


Today, I'll be sharing my experience with you guys, to let you know if they work for me or not 😉

Note: Everyone skin are different, depending on our skin type, climate and environment, I'm sharing today post on these set of skin care base on my own experiences and skin condition. Images of my skin are raw, except mosaic and watermarks.

11 November 2016 (Before i start using one step pimple pad, toner and emulsion)


One Step Pimple Clear Pad

Description
"Betain Salicylate cares dead skin cells without irritation and makes clear skin tone. It’s a trouble & sebum care pad that accomplishes matte skin by clearing skin trouble, sebum, and oil. One-step pimple clear pads reduces acne breakouts and promotes clearer skin. Promotes exfoliation of dead surface cells resulting in enhanced cellular renewal with Betaine salicylate. Leaves skin cleaner, clearer and blemish free."
The description totally caught me up! Look, just blemish free and clearer skin are things that i am looking for. I pick this product hoping i could clear up my skin and promote a blemish free skin. 😍
Packaging:
The packaging are in white background, red highlights and black fonts. They have the description and information about this product on the box and circular tub.
Every new tub of the pimple pad are enclosed with a thin lid to prevent drying on the products.
Direction:
"After face wash, sweep lightly according to skin texture with 1 pad. Then apply basic skin care products. After use, make sure you close the cover."

Active Ingredients

"Salix Alba(Willow) Bark Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betaine Salicylate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate,Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil , Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Hydroxide"

Applicators:


1. Embossed side: Exfoliates & Regulates sebum production , Removes impurities 
2. Smooth side: Hydrates & Promotes smoother skin , Improves facial skin texture

We have to use our fingers to take the cotton pad applicator, which might be kinda unhygienic if our fingers nail always contact with the rest of the cotton pad 😟 But i do like how the cotton have 2 sides, its a strategic way to create the cotton pad like this 😊

Effect: 
After using 2 tub of this pimple pad, i don't see a great effect of it calming down my existing acne, and acne will still occur. However, i could see the obvious differences on how much brighter my skin look after i use it each time 😊 The skin got smoother and brighter, but not a lot of effect on my acne. 

 Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol 



Descriptions:
"BHA (Betain Salicylate1%) component and black bee propolis (Black Bee Propolis 60%) melts skin wastes and dead cells in skin and soothes skin trouble. “Used Good Ingredients and self-assurance, for flawless skin” Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol is a skin-type solution product that solves the daunting problem of complex skin trouble with a combination of Propolis, AHA, natural BHA, and natural moisture-retention ingredients, as well as helping with control of sebum and clearing of dead skin cell. Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol contains little oil, helping with managing sebum and pores, to give the skin cleanliness with no shine or trouble. BHA(Betain Salicylate1%)"


Directions:
"Correct application method 
1. In mornings/evenings after facial wash spread thinly on the troubled areas, areas with much dead skin cell, and areas with much sebum. 
2. Tap gently with fingertips to absorb."


Active Ingredients
"Propolis Extract, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, water, Glycolic Acid, Betaine Salicylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Hexanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil"

Applicator:


Housed in a white bottle with black pump dispenser, hmm... I don't really like how the dispenser has no good control on the A-Sol toner, but on the other hand, to be fair this is a liquid so probably that explain why it tend to spray everywhere whenever i dispense the product. I would usually pump it in a close distance with my skin.

Effect:


The A-Sol toner is a runny solution that spread onto your skin without feel stickiness. I like how light and refreshing this toner is. 😊 Aside from that, I don't see it reducing my acne but able to control the facial sebum.

Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion




Description:

"Natural BHA and centella asiatica moisturizes and vitalizes dry/sensitive skin by soothing skin trouble and controlling oil/moist balance of skin. More clear and pure complexion can be accomplished with improved skin texture. Emulsion recommended for people with oily or troublesome skin type."


Direction: 
1. Every day after cleansing and toning, massage evenly over face neck and chest.
2. For optimal results, first apply recommended BHA Skin Returning A-Sol and follow with Sunblock during the day.


Active Ingredients:
"Centella Asiatica Leaf Water , Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Betaine Salicylate, Betaine,1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Zinc PCA, Panthenol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethyl Hexanediol"




Applicator:


Just like the A-Sol toner, it have a pump dispenser 

Effect:





It's like a thicken lotion but a little runny, the emulsion set into subtle glow after spreading. I could feel my skin felt soft after the application, but there's a little sticky feeling on my skin, i don't really like it though, i hope it would settle into matte smooth finish. While on the other hand, it's quite hydrating, :) It smells kinda herbally 😅


Overall Verdicts:

I like how these product create a brighter skin for me and my skin definitely felt smoother with the great exfoliation. I monitored the acne process from using these products over the 3 months, though the acne doesn't get flatter overnight, i could see that the amount of acne reduced in 2 weeks

The issues are that, i notice the progression stopped just right here. It's just like this is the maximum it could do to reduce the acne. There's still a few acne at my cheek area (Image below)


9 Jan 2017


5 March 2017

I continue to use the products for the next 2 months, more breakout appear during the period when I'm using it. It could be exam stress, so i continue to stick with these 3 skincare regime day and night. But it never stop, could you imagine the acne actually spread and become worse all over my skin. I thought, just how bad is my body copping with the stress, it's never been like that. 😓


24 March 2017


This is only when i realise my skin are sensitive to chemical peeling, I didn't know i'm sensitive to AHA and BHA at all and i have been using chemical peel daily for months :( My skin are generally alright with any skin care products I've tried, so i didn't know that chemical peels are just not my friend. It's a waste because i really enjoy using the cotton pad and the rest of the skin care line, they're really gentle, they smell good and they create brighter skin for me. 😯

I would still recommend my readers (without sensitive skin that's allergic to chemical peeling) these products because i could see that it works for others and it does works for me initially. However, if you are not sure whether you are allergic to chemical peel, i would advise you to test on the bottom of your jawline first, before using them diligently for a few months. 😅

 Hahaha I'm not sure how many of you actually get to this point but anyway thank you for reading (this lengthy post🙈)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your Question. :)