[REVIEW] Clio - Rouge Heel | #2 Deep Brandy, #3 Heat Wave, #5 Harvest Moon, #13 Nudy Brownie, #14 Ginersnap, #17 Rosy Wood

November 23, 2017

Hi guys! 

I've set my eyes on Clio newest lipstick ever since it's release, it's the first ever lipstick I've encounter so far that got inspire by heels and i find it so classy! 







3.6g

"Highly pigmented and high-stain lipstick that glides on effortlessly and delivers vibrant high-impact color in one stroke"




Packaging & Application:





Aside from the heel inspired design, they built a push in button at the bottom of the lipstick, we've got to put it in and pull the bottom out to get the lipstick



This design actually remind me of my favourite Chanel rouge lipstick and that's why i'm happy to see Clio implementing this same method! 



Unlike most lipstick design, Clio design the lipstick applicator into longer and sharper looking tip, in another sense, the "Heel" inspired design







As it have such a sharp tip, it's easier for us to create a define lip during the application

Color Swatches:

This series come in many shades! Omg but seriously, i have a love-hate relationship with picking the right shades among so many choices! I love the wide variety of choices, yet i hate how i always cannot settle down with just 1 color and purchase it right away 😕

Anyway, here are the colors that Clio rouge heel have,


The color range from deep red > pink > coral > orange > nude 

I got myself in 2 shades, #2 Deep Brandy and #14 Ginger Snap, later then I notice that i always get back the similar lip shade! SERIOUSLY? It's the 3rd time that I've picked this shade of red, sighh what have I done?! 😂



It appear slightly lighter in the photo, but it's a deeper red with a bit of blue undertone, while ginger snap is a beautiful nude with slight orange undertone.

 



I've also got myself the sample size of 4 other shades, #3 Heat Wave, #5 Harvest Moon, #13 Nudy Brownie and #17 Rosy Wood













Verdicts: 

+ It contain sweet white chocolate scent
+ Average price of 18000 won 
+ Vivid and pigmented color
+ Smooth and glide onto lips easily
+ Does not accentuate my lip patches
+ Lot's of color shades to choose
- 8/10 for the lasting power. It last me through 6 hours (with drinking of water), the color didn't fade off. However, the stain will be completely gone after meal :) [Do note that lighter shade fade off faster]


Thank you for reading today's review, I hope you get to try on this classy lipstick and like it as much as I do!

Sorry that I couldn't update for a while, I'm really busy and tired during this last half semester before I graduate. I'll be posting less often as of now till my December term break and I hope you guys will wait for my next review 😢 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your Question. :)